ActiveX version (asoedmms.ocx) 126.96.36.199 (June 10 , 2009)
Multimedia engine version (AdjMmsEng.dll) 188.8.131.52 (January 5 , 2010)
Fixed builds can be downloaded using the same link, username and password received after purchasing the product: if you should have lost them or if they shouldn't work anymore, please, contact our Technical support.
VERY IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with the installation of updated versions, don't forget to close all of the running applications and to UNINSTALL the existing version: missing this step could prevent the new version to run correctly on your development PC.
Fixed Bugs (since version 1.0)
- Method WaveformAnalyzer.GetSelection could return a wrong value inside the bSelectionAvailable parameter, especially when called from Visual C++.
- The control cannot be instantiated at runtime due to a licensing is sue..
- Closing the container application during a playback of an editing session stored in memory can cause a GPF.
- A move of the waveform analyzer could cause the missing rendering of the vertical line indicating the playback position.
- Calling the WaveformAnalyzer.Create method twice could cause a bad behaviour of the analyzer instead of returning an error.
- WaveformAnalyzer.CreateFileBitmapView and WaveformAnalyzer.CreateMemoryBitmapView methods will not keep count of colors set through the colorWaveLine and colorWaveBackground fields of the WAVEFORM_ANALYZER_SETTINGS structure.
- Occasionally a mouse click over the waveform analyzer surface can generate a GPF.
- After having set a range to load, through the SetLoadingRange method, and having loaded a sound file, the reported duration is the one of the overall sound file.
- Setting the bAppearance3d field of the WAVEFORM_ANALYZER_SETTINGS structure to "false" will cause the resizing handles of the waveform analyzer to be rendered without the usual black border.
- Passing an invalid set of parameters to the WMA encoder will cause the encoder to return a ERR_CD_IDENTIF_UNAVAIL error code instead of a ERR_ENCODER_ERROR error code.
- A fast resize of the waveform analyzer containing custom vertical lines could cause the mentioned lines to be displayed at wrong positions.
- An exporting session performed using a 8 bits per sample format could create a damaged output file whose dimension in bytes is double respect to the expected one.
- The control cannot be instanced at runtime due to a licensing issue.
- If the control has not been initialized through the InitEditor method, closing the container form can cause a GPF.
- An editing session performed on a file cannot be exported into the same destination file.
- Lame versions higher than 3.96.1 generate distorted MP3 files.
- The waveform analysis can generate a GPF when started during the merging of two editing sessions.
- After a full playback of the editing session, modifications introduced by a copy & paste operation will not be reported by a new waveform analysis.
- Applying a volume effect expressed in dB will cause a wrong resulting volume.
- With certain files the playback advancement never reaches the real end so the SoundPlaybackDone event is not fired.
- The nWidth parameter of the WaveformAnalyzer.VerticalLineAdd method is ignored.
- If the resolution of the current editing session is 8 bits per sample and a file at 16 bits per sample is inserted, mixed, overwritten or appended, the resulting sound will be distorted.
- Editing operations on sessions at 8 bits per sample will cause a distortion of the resulting sound.
- Under x64 version of Windows, the GetSoundDuration method returns a wrong value after the insertion, mixing, overwriting or append of a new file.
- In presence of a faulty sound card or of a faulty sound card driver the initialization of the component could fail and the container application could hang at startup.
- Files in G723 format generated by the Vivo codec are not always opened correctly.
- When exporting a file the SoundExportPerc event is not generated correctly.
- When a file in G723 format is loaded and your request to play a range within the loaded sound, the vertical line of the waveform analyzer indicating the current playback position will be displayed at the wrong position..
- The background bitmap set into the waveform analyzer is lost when the loaded sound is discarded from memory.
- If the container application is started without any disk inside available CD drives and then a CD is inserted inside one of the CD drives, Windows Explorer will not have the possibility to access it.
- When the PlaySoundRange method is called, a SoundPlaybackStopped event is raised in error.
- If a CD track is loaded from a CD drive different from the first one listed by the system, the CD tracks is anyway loaded from the first one.
- A regression inserted inside version 184.108.40.206 of AdjMmsEng.dll caused the control to miss generating the SoundPlaybackStopped event after a call to the StopSound method.
- During intensive graphical operations, the position selection on the waveform analyzer could disappear or not being displayed at all.
- If the control is instanced on a secondary form and custom lines are added to the waveform analyzer of the editor/recorder itself, when the form is closed and opened again custom lines creation will return an error stating that the custom line alredy exists.
- After seeking the playback position through the SeekSound, using a percentage-based position, the GetPlaybackPosition returns -1.
- There are positioning problems when trying to seek during a playback of a range.
Full product history available inside the online documentation.