Installation with ClickOnce

Started by QNT, March 14, 2017, 08:50:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QNT

Hello,

I created a project which uses the Audio Editor tool.
I followed the instructions in the help documentation to create a Click Once installation procedure.

Everytime I try to install the application, I get an erro message that AudioSoundEditor0004 has to be installed
in the GAC first;

What am I doing wrong?

Regards,

QNT

Administrator

Hello,

by default our component doesn't require to be installed into the GAC. Which version of Visual Studio are you currently using for generating the ClickOnce application?
Starting from one of our samples (WasapiPlayer.sln), I've just tried to generate a ClickOnce application using Visual Studio 2005 and installed the same on a Windows 10 machine without problems: may be that the machine where you are installing the ClickOnce application requires special administration privileges?

Kind Regards

Severino Delaurenti
MultiMedia Soft

QNT

Hello,

I'm using Visual Studio 2010.

I will try to start again from scratch. I will let you know the result.

Regards,

QNT

QNT

Hello again,

i began the ClickOnce project from scratch, with the same result. This is the Error message I receive when trying to install the application on a client workstation. I even tried with local administrative rights.

'Unable to install or run the application. The application requires that assembly AudioSoundEditor Version 1.0.0.0 be
installed in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) first.
Please contact your system administrator.'

Please help me out on this one because I'm really stuck!

Thanks,

QNT

Administrator

Hello,

please, try to check the following two requirements; the second point is not included inside our tutorial because it should be the default but it may apply to you:

1 - in Solution Explorer, expand the References node and click the assembly listed in the error. Ensure Copy Local in the Properties grid is set to 'True'.
2 - In the properties of the project, Publish | Application Files Tab, ensure the Publish Status for the assembly listed in the error is set to 'Include'

Please, let me know if this fixes your issue so we may update our tutorial accordingly.

Kind Regards

Severino Delaurenti
MultiMedia Soft

QNT

Hello,

it was the second setting that did the job:
The publish status was set to Prerequisite in stead of Include.

Everything is working correctly now.

Thanks a lot for the assistance!

Regards,

QNT

Administrator

Perfect, thanks for your feedback.
We will update our documentation to cover this situation.

Kind Regards

Severino Delaurenti
MultiMedia Soft