sound only from EXE files

Started by dario, February 20, 2017, 08:44:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dario

Hello, some month ago I bought the license for Active DJ Studio activex. I use it in VB6 programs. The control is simply great and its performances are awesome. However, recently a stange thing happened: when I test a VB6 routine with a multimedia file the Vumeters and all the display features work perfectly, but I hear no sound. When I compile the same routine and launch the corresponding EXE everything works fine and the sound is perfectly reproduced. Do you have any advice? Many thanks in advance.
Dario Barbieri

Administrator

Hello Dario,

it looks like an issue with your system's configuration. As a first suggestion I would suggest to check for the availability of updated sound card drivers.
You may also generate a log file through the DxDiag.exe application (usually located under c:\windows\system32) so we could give a look into your system's configuration, just to see if we can spot any evident problem.

Kind regards

Severino Delaurenti
MultiMedia Soft

dario

Hello,
many thanks for your reply.
In attachment you can find the data you asked for. I hope they can help.

Dario Barbieri

Administrator

Hello,

unfortunately we cannot spot particular issues with this configuration and the Mediacom web site doesn't report new audio drivers respect to the one currently installed.

When running your app from VB6, you may eventually try to check if the "Sounds" applet of the Windows control panel shows activity on the VU Meter related to the sound card in use: sometime this allows to determine that the app is correctly sending audio data to the sound card driver but, for some unknown reason, audio data is not sent to the speakers by the sound card itself: this was found to be a problem when playing mono files with Realtek drivers, may be that a similar issue is also met with this driver.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Severino Delaurenti
MultiMedia Soft

dario

Hello,
I can confirm that "the app is correctly sending audio data to the sound card driver but, for some unknown reason, audio data is not sent to the speakers by the sound card itself": the VB6-Vumeter shows peaks, while the speakers-Vumeter does not show any activity.
Similarly, some VB6 codes using the mci sendstring API commands produce the sound, while other codes (with the same statements) don't produce sound.
I'll keep making tials to sole the strange behaviour.
Anyway, many thanks for your attention.
Dario Barbieri