InternetSettingsSet Method

Started by adilsonp, February 13, 2017, 07:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adilsonp

Hello,

Please, could you please give an example of how to use the InternetSettingsSet and InternetSettingsGet method?

Thank you!

Best regards

Administrator

Hello,

the usage of these methods is quite simple: can you tell me what exactly is unclear to you about their usage? In this way I could be more specific.

Kind Regards

Severino Delaurenti
MultiMedia Soft

adilsonp

I'm creating an audio player where the audios will be on a web server. I would like to know how to do it so that the audio starts playing immediately after the player. If there are any settings available in the InternetSettingsSet method that can make this possible. Would you have any comments or suggestions that could help me in this regard?

Thank you for your return!

Administrator

When dealing with Internet streams there will be always a certain amount of time required to connect to the server and to buffer a minimal amount of audio data that will allow starting playback without gaps and stalls. We have recently udpated the documentation of the InternetSettingsSet method adding default values so we would like to invite you giving it a look:

http://www.multimediasoft.com/amp3dj/help/internetsettingsset.htm

Current default values usually give good results on slower connections also but you may try to lower the following values:
- INET_SETTING_BUFFER_LENGTH from 5000 to 2500
- INET_SETTING_PREBUFF_PERC from 75 to 50
- INET_SETTING_PREBUFF_PLAYBACK_PERC from 90 to 50

Kind Regards

Severino Delaurenti
MultiMedia Soft

adilsonp

Perfect. Thank you very much!

Taking advantage of the opportunity, is it possible to know the media time on the web server after using the LoadInternetStream method?

Adilson Pedro

Administrator

Unfortunately, as far as I know, the server doesn't expose this information.

Kind Regards

Severino Delaurenti
MultiMedia Soft