Active Waveform Analyzer is an ActiveX custom control developed by MultiMedia Soft that makes it easy to add sound waveform analysis capabilities to applications written with the most widely-used development environments that accept ActiveX controls.
Active Waveform Analyzer comes with native decoding capabilities for many audio formats and leverages decoding capabilities of Microsoft Media Foundation and Microsoft DirectShow for audio and video formats not supported natively.
Active Waveform Analyzer can be easily integrated with existing third-party audio libraries like Leadtools Multimedia SDK, BASS, FMOD and any other multimedia library supporting the possibility to start a playback session and/or the possibility to decode and provide the PCM data for rare or custom audio formats.
Some tutorial is available to help you beginning your developments with this powerful control.
Brief summary of available features:
Supported target systems
- Decoding and analysis of the following audio formats:
|- Microsoft WAV
||- Free Lossless Audio Codec FLAC
|- Header-less RAW
||- Apple AIFF / SGI / AIFC
||- Apple CAF
|- Commodore Amiga IFF / SVX
||- Creative VOC
||- Fasttracker 2 XI
|- GNU Octave 2.0 MAT4
||- GNU Octave 2.1 MAT5
||- HMM Tool Kit - HTK
|- IRCAM SF
||- Paris Audio File - PAF
||- Portable Voice Format - PVF
|- Sound Designer II - SD2
||- Soundforge W64
||- Sphere Nist WAV
|- Sun / DEC / NeXT AU / SND
for a full list of encodings supported by the single audio formats available on the table above, see the Appendix A - Encodings for audio formats supported natively section available inside the documentation
- Decoding and analysis of media formats (audio and video) supported by Microsoft Media Foundation (only on Windows Vista and higher versions); for a full list of supported media formats, please, see the related Microsoft Media Foundation page on the MSDN web site.
- Decoding and analysis of media formats (audio and video) through Microsoft DirectShow: depending upon the format of the media file, there could be the need to install specific DirectShow codecs.
- Analysis of audio streams whose PCM data is provided by external third-party libraries.
- Deep analysis at different resolutions of the sound's waveform.
- Rich and fully configurable visualization capabilities with possibility to perform range selection, zooming and panning of the waveform.
- Fully configurable waveform scroller allowing manual and automatic movement of the waveform.
- Support for adding custom and configurable graphic items to the displayed waveform.
- Support for drawing the waveform representation inside a graphical device context (HDC).
- Support for saving the waveform representation into a graphic file.
- Being an ActiveX control, it can be instanced inside HTML code also and used in order to analyze media files from the client browser directly.
- Easy integration with applications developed using our Active DJ Studio ActiveX control.
- Easy integration with applications developed using third-party audio libraries like Leadtools Multimedia SDK, BASS, FMOD and any other multimedia library or framework supporting the possibility to start a playback session like Microsoft Media Foundation or Microsoft DirectShow.
- Dedicated Visual Editor for easy configuration of the control's user interface at Design-time
Supported target systems:
- Windows XP (x86 and x64 versions)
- Windows Server 2003 (x86 and x64 versions)
- Windows Vista (x86 and x64 versions)
- Windows Server 2008 (x86 and x64 versions)
- Windows 7 (x86 and x64 versions)
- Windows 8 (x86 and x64 versions)
- Windows 10 (x86 and x64 versions)